We find many clients struggle with aspects of their record keeping, in particular payroll and management reporting.
Errors in payroll create headaches for your employees, and attracts unwanted ATO audit attention.
The other problem is that business owners and managers do not have reliable, up to date financial information, so can’t rely on reports from their internal accounts to make decisions.
EAGLEBOOKS to the rescue!
We can help you in the following ways …
Setup & Training
- Setting up and training you in new accounting systems including chart of accounts, bank feeds and payroll.
Know how your business is performing
- Rearranging your chart of accounts so your reports provide you with the correct information, in a clear format, to assist you to make decisions and manage your business
- Simple cashflow management reports and techniques
- Understanding the numbers, we can help you review your profit and loss making sure you’re aware of drops in income and when expenses are getting out of control
- Administer your payroll – set up new employees, process payroll
- End of year payroll reconciliations and preparation and lodgement of payment summaries for employees. Ensuring the correct fields are completed in the payment summaries
- SuperStream – set up and ongoing administration of reporting and payments
- One off assistance with termination and redundancy pays
- Is your payroll set up correctly? Are entitlements calculating and accruing correctly?
- Are you paying the correct amount of superannuation?
- Are you paying the correct amount of Workcover?
- Are you paying the correct amount of Payroll tax?
Business Activity Statements & GST
- Prepare and lodge your monthly or quarterly BAS
- Reconcile your total financial year BAS lodgements
- Vary PAYG tax instalments as required
Enter to your bookkeeping system with the correct allocations and GST codes –
- Purchase or sale of business
- Purchase or sale of motor vehicle and associated taking or paying out of finance
- Other unusual transactions
Obtain the tax agent extension – allows you to lodge and pay your BAS 4 weeks later than the ‘official’ deadline
Transition to the cloud
The ATO are on a program of transitioning taxpayers from paper to digital reporting. In order to become compliant with these systems many businesses will need to upgrade their software.
There are many other reasons why cloud accounting is the way to go including,
- Bank feeds into your software
- Provision of daily up to date
- Remote access for your accountant and other users
- Paperless solutions
- The ability to prepare and email quotes and invoices from anywhere
- Using your smartphone to photograph and upload documents
- Software upgrades occur automatically ‘in the cloud’
- You cannot lose your data if your computer crashes
We can guide you into the cloud and you will never look back
Day to Day
With bank feeds into cloud based accounting software, day to day allocation of your transactions is easier than ever. We encourage you or your staff to administer this, however sometimes life isn’t perfect and we can step in provide this service at any time.
We can step in if staff are sick, on annual leave or to help clear a back log
Call us if you get stuck
Information & Training